I Credit bleacherreport.com for putting a top twenty list together, so i will use their ranking system but i will put the guys on teams i see fit, yes i know its not perfect or money seems tight for some but this or more about fits and needs.
1. Chris Paul- (STAYS WITH CLIPPERS): you can thank Doc Rivers for becoming the coach of this team. CP3 wanted a better coach and he got one.. plus who leaves a guaranteed extra 25 to 30 mil on table?
Surprise TEAM: (Pacers,ROCKETS or MAVS)- PACERS really need a PG, why not? They will just need to cut ties with David West and Granger of course.. which shouldn't be a problem. MAVS are good because of Coach Carlisle style and the chances of teaming up with Dwight and having a shooting and unselfish threat in Dirk but money is a issue here. Rockets are good as well for same factor minus the fact i cant imagine him and harden on court together, seeing that Harden Dominates the Rock.
2. Dwight Howard- (HOUSTON ROCKETS or DALLAS MAVERICKS): Let's see you can play with arguably the new upcoming superstar (James Harden) and be coached by a hall of fame big in Kevin Mchale, plus you have talent in Chandler Parson's to work with as well. Now on the other hand the mavericks will hand you the TOP DOG superstar keys as you wished, A Championship winning coach with a system that fits to your needs. Also you may be able to team up with Dirk for a good run or two. Either or you can't go wrong.. but my question to NBA FANS "why in the hell would you not take the extra 25 to 30 mil and stay with the LAKERS?"
Surprise Team: (CLIPPERS)- maybe Chris Paul threatens front office to trade Deandre and Blake to the lakers in a sign in trade for Dwight.. nothing surprises me anymore so what the hell.!
3. Andre Iguodala- (MILWAUKEE BUCKS):They have the money and it seems monta won't return. Plus he will be the man their offensively, and i think he really wants that most importantly.
Surprise TEAM: (DETROIT PISTONS)- they will have money and he could be the lone vet on a young team, nice fit and will make immediate impact.
4. Josh Smith- (BOSTON CELTICS): Seems to be the hot trade rumor so far this summer, he would love to play with rondo, but he lacks maturity on offense and will take a bad shot when needed in his mind. Plus no more Doc,yes ive named more negatives and than positives but the C's have enough money to sign him and they more than likely should.
Surprise TEAM: (Detroit Pistons or Dallas Mavericks)- The pistons could use his services, he would for a nice front court duo with a young greg monroe, its not like this team trust Drummond or do they? He will be costly in today's market but could help ticket sales for pistons fan-base. Of course the mavericks are the it team for FA's, if they don't land Dwight they will invest and over-pay for guys like him. Unfortunately Smith and Dirk play same position.
5. Andrew Bynum- (Dallas Mavericks): ONCE AGAIN, this is the insurance claim for them if they cant get D12. Yes they will over-pay. Yes he is hurt all the time. but when healthy he is considered a top 3 if not best center in league. Plus under Carlisle coaching Maturity will be high on the MUST do's
Surprise TEAM: NONE
6. David West- (STAY WITH PACERS): He's the grit and grind of this team.. For those that don't know he has a very good mid-range jumper and it seems to be he can possibly be apart of the NBA's best C/PF combo if Roy Hibbert can continue to progress.
Surprise TEAM: (KNICKS) - Sounds crazy indeed, but if they can find a way to dump AMARE's salary he's a nice fit their.. Good rebounder and bring much needed toughness @ the PF position, and you can move Melo back to his natural spot.
7.Al Jefferson- (SAN ANTONIO SPURS): This is a match made in heaven. Why not? He's low maintenance and for years has been discussed or flirted with the ideas of him playing with Timmy D. He's a great rebounder and has lost post presence. I can't think of a better team oh wait, their is one!
Surprise TEAM: (DALLAS MAVERICKS)- ONCE AGAIN THIS DEPENDS ON DWIGHT or BYNUM. HE will be highly scouted by MAVS especially if they get neither mentioned
8. Paul Millsap- (Stays with Jazz): They may not be able to keep Jefferson but they will and should keep millsap. With Kanter and Favors and now the highly touted rookie (Gieng) now on roster this team needs a power forward. He may not be Malone, but this guy is a walking double and deserves a pretty good pay-day for production. JUST DON'T OVERPAY!
Surprise TEAM: (Houston Rockets)- If they can't land the big fish in Dwight this team needs a power forward and he can fit nicely in Houston. Asik is still their as the center.
9.Nikola Pekovic- (Trade to Clippers)- This team needs toughness and some sort of low post presence, and of course right about now everyone has DeAndre Jordan on their "shit" list. I know this wont happen but it would be good for this team to get some sort of presence without breaking bank, maybe a sign and trade from T-Wolves could do the Trick.
Surprise TEAM: (MAVS)- If they cant get Dwight, they better be in line for this guy, else its Bynum's knees or calling up some D-league guy to become the anchor. Plus he will bring toughness back to the middle like once upon a time a guy named Tyson Chandler did.
10. Tyreke Evans- (Stay With Kings): Although this team seems to be stuck on E, if they can get the right front office together the kings could have a nice future with Reke and Boogie cousins as a duo, but of course health plays a major part in Reke's progression. With good health and a turnaround in the organization i think he's a king for life but hey what do i know?
Surprise TEAM: Memphis Grizzlies- This team needs scoring on the wings badly, having a aging Z-BO and a top tier big in Marc Gasol with Mike Conley Jr at the Point this team is missing that outside play maker and scorer, and i think this guy can do this here. Only problem is this team will not pay the money to get him as they continue to cut wages.
11. O.J MAYO- (CHICAGO BULLS) - Once again we know this team for years lacked a scoring 2 guard, and people seem to be in love with Jimmy Butler playing the 2, well with recent Deng trade rumors i see this team moving butler to the 3 and this will set pace for a guy like mayo to come in. The only question i have is how long will it take for COACH THIBS to call him out like Carlisle did in Dallas
Surprise TEAM: (STAY WITH DALLAS) Although it ended rough, alot of it goes on the blame of OJ bad play towards the end.. for the 40 first games of the year he was the go to guy, he led team in scoring and played well, why not try to get better with the team.
12.Andrei Kirilenko- Who knows? any buyers or takers? He just rejected 10 mil apparently, does anyone want to pay him this much in their respective cities? Will he accept a 6th man role? I'll let you guys decide...
13. J.J HICKSON- (Sign and trade to G.S Warriors or go to Celtics): Lebron loved this guy and hyped him and in Cleveland and he has lived up to some of the expectation, Warriors seem to be shaky on Bogut due to health, so he could be involved in Sign and trade but who wants to take bogut's contract? Celtics seem to be rebuilding but i think he could really play well with Rondo and Company. They need a Center badly, and i dont think Celtics fans want to see FAB MELO starting anytime soon.
Surprise TEAM: ( SAN ANTONIO SPURS)- If they cant land Jefferson or keep splitter, He would be a nice center to have on the roster, He's coachable and will give it all to Poppovich,He may not come as expensive as the two i just mentioned.
14. JEFF TEAGUE - (STAYS WITH HAWKS) - I like Jeff alot, he will come cheap and i think can emerge as a new "it" PG in the league, He should stay in Atlanta and the Hawks front office should keep him, unless of course CP3 wants to team up with Dwight their.
SURPRISE TEAM: UTAH JAZZ - Coach Corbin will like his athleticism and he's coach-able, and will be in good hands in case newly drafted PG Trey Burke doesn't pan out.
15. BRANDON JENNINGS- (DALLAS MAVERICKS)- This seems like a match made in heaven according to Jennings, who openly expressed his interest of playing in AAC, more than likely he will be the insurance claim, especially if the mavs can't land the likes of CP3 or with the recent trade rumors of RAJON RONDO.
Surprise TEAM: LAKERS- Don't be surprised, he's has a love jones for Kobe Bryant, and apparently to some of my laker fanboys he could be the new "Nick at Night" (Nick Van Exel).. Sweet jesus help these people lol!
16. MONTA ELLIS- (DALLAS MAVERICKS)- Well as a mavericks fan i don't whether to be happy or be ready to get mad at the endless nights of high shooting volumes and poor decision making. But i'm a fan, I think this is the only person the mavs may have locked as far as signing outside of the big fish and with OJ mayo opting out, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Surprise TEAM: Charlotte Bobcats- This team will pay the money he wants, Jordan is known to over pay or just hand out money so this is perfect and i'm sure they will accept his 6-20 nights and say its a upgrade from the past!
17. G- J.J REDICK (MINNESOTA T-WOLVES): This Team can use a 2 guard, even though i like svhed and the Brandon Roy project did not pan out, he can fit will with the open court passing ability of Rubio. Kevin Love when healthy demands alot of attention, so this seems to be ideal at the right price
Surprise TEAM: (ANY TEAM THAT NEEDS a SHOOTER)- simply put, and their you have it!
18. C- Tiago Splitter (SAN ANTONIO SPURS)- I will keep this short and sweet. I don't see a major market for this guy, He fits with the poppovich system, and will have to grow in it.
Surprise Team: ATLANTA HAWKS: Since it looks like Josh Smith will be gone this means the hawks can move Al Horford back to his natural position ( PF ). They can get Splitter for cheap, and they should.
19. G- EARL "J.R" SMITH (MILWAUKEE BUCKS)- When he's hot, man the kid can score.. limitless shooting range, and will put up points in plenty within minutes of game. Although known as a good 6th man his whole career, maybe this off-season a team will give he the starting NOD. I don't think the Knicks can afford what he wants in money. Therefore i have a team in mind the bucks which will be much in need of a Guard, especially seeing the likes of Monta Ellis and J.J Reddick could both be gone. Plus he will be in a boring city less likely to stay in trouble.
Surprise Team: Chicago Bulls- For all we have been saying for years this team needs a 3 point shooting 2 guard that can score, and the kid can do this. Now i do think going over to play for the butcher as Mr.Lebatard and his cool father have given the name to Thibodeaux, it will be a culture shock but i think it will progress J.R mentality to make that next step in becoming a All-Star
20. PG- Jose Calderon (INDIANA PACERS)
He's a vet some team will pay this guy between the 6-10 million dollar RANGE, he is a good passer/play-maker, many say he's a defensive liability. The team i have in mind is the pacers. It was evident this team needed a Point guard that could handle the rock, George Hill is better defensively but he was one of the reasons this team couldn't get past the HEAT in the ECF.
Surprise TEAM: DALLAS MAVERICKS- We all know this team did a tanking system to free up tons of cap space this off season to get the coveted Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. With all indications pointing to CP3 staying with the Clippers due to the recent hiring of Doc Rivers, the mavs may be S.O.L. Therefore the last resort is to get Calderon on a 1 year deal if he accepts.